Mold is a natural component of our environment. It’s also one that can cause serious health problems if not dealt with properly, so we’ve got to be careful about how much gets released into the world around us! Mold spores float through the air every day without fail – some might even say they’re all over town (although this isn’t true). Once these microscopic bits land on something moisture-rich like bathroom tiles or shower stalls… Well let’s just say it doesn’t smell the best.
There are several different types of mold that can form in your house:
- Allergenic: Causes an allergic reaction or asthma-like symptoms.
- Pathogenic: Harmful to people with acute illness or compromised immunity.
- Toxigenic: Dangerous or even deadly to everyone.
The key to getting rid of black mold in your shower is by using a cleanser specifically designed for this type or fungus. While bleach can remove surface stains and eliminate some visible signs that you have had an issue with it but does not kill deep-rooted molds which have soaked into the grout between tiles meaning they will continue spreading throughout other areas within close proximity unless removed properly with another more thorough method such as professional cleaners who are trained on how best handle these situations due diligence when removing hazardous substances.
The best way to get rid of mold is to prevent it from being able to form. Follow these practices to limit mold from growing in your shower.
- Turn on an exhaust fan or open a window when showering
- Keep humidifiers at 50% or less.
- Clean your bathroom often with mold-killing products.
- Fix leaks, drips and other sources of moisture.
- Change air filters frequently.
- Don’t leave wet towels or laundry on floor.
- Spray vinegar on shower walls regularly to prevent mold growth.
If you have mold in your bathroom from leaky drains, broken pipes, or more, we can help. If you’re in Vaughan, Brampton, or the surrounding area, you can schedule service with one of our certified plumbers to evaluate and repair your plumbing issue right away.